In case of a fire in a public building, the main electrical systems must remain in operation. That’s why the integrity of fire communication, firefighting and life safety circuits is of particular importance. Often, termination points turn out to be a weak link but not with fire rated junction boxes.
Fire-resistant (fireproof) junction boxes and enclosures are intended to keep distributing power or control signals in a fire and to guarantee that all relevant safety systems continue to work without interruption. This therefore ensures that more time is available to protect lives and property in an emergency.
BKP fire rated cable junction boxes range
Our enterprise manufactures fire rated cable junction boxes especially designed for fire resistant cable systems where electrical functional integrity for 30 to 90 minutes is required.
The BKP fire rated (fire-resistant) cable junction boxes range includes models with metal and plastic enclosures.
Our products have following features:
- sheet steel enclosure powder coated (orange), with hinged lid and a catch,
- non-flammable, halogen-free, smoke-free fire-resistant plastic,
- terminals and resistors made of special high temperature resistant ceramic,
- stainless steel terminal contacts withstand high temperature during a fire and can be used in aggressive environments,
- sufficient space in the enclosure and the terminal design allow to form branches (spurs) without cutting the main cable core.
Our company offers three series of fire rated (fire-resistant) junction boxes – BKP-1, BKP-2, BKP-3, which are designed to ensure increased fire survivability for safety-critical electrical circuits such as:
- fire alarm notification appliance,
- emergency lighting systems,
- central fire alarm and fire protection monitoring,
- other electrical and engineering systems for firefighting and rescue operations.
All products from the BKP Fire Rated Junction Box range are certified in accordance with ДБН В.2.5-56:2014.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns in selecting fire resistant junction boxes or need further information about our products for fire-fighting applications or fire alarm installations.